Q: What permits are needed for a construction project?

A: The building department, office of planning and zoning, or department of permits in your community will have a list of permits and inspections related to building and zoning codes for new construction or remodeling.  In any case, you will be required to provide engineered drawings of the project to secure your permit.

 Q: Can I make a change to the project once work has begun?

A: It depends on the type of change and when the request occurs, but typically you can do this. Please note that such changes can impact the cost and should be in writing.

Q:  Our building will house livestock.  Are there any special requirements as a result?

A:  You will be required as part of your buidling permit process to submit a complete Nutrient Management Plan.  For more information regarding the requirements and development of the plan click here.